Jacket: RAB Neutrino Pertex Black/Grey (M)
RAB Neutrino Pertex Black/Grey (m)
Marketed as a Windproof and Showerproof
This was a plain jacket with no major external markings or colours, other than the discrete RAB logo. It was supplied as a ladies jacket, I suspect an error was made as it was a better fit for a 5’10” bloke with a 40”chest. The jacket was tailored to a good shape and arm length.
• Packs to a small volume, came with a generous stuff-sack.
• External pockets were nice and deep.
• External pockets had long zips, gloved hands would easily fit.
• 2 smaller internal pockets.
• Micro studs on lanyards make for positive grip.
• Elasticated Velcro cuff eliminated wind-chill around the wrist, but allowed wrist flexing.
• Excellent Showerproof capability, withstood at least 25 minutes in heavy driving rain on an exposed hill-top.
• Excellent Windproof capability for a 3hr walk over Blencathra (Lakes) enduring hail and a snow white-out. Even the zip blocked out the wind, (other upper body clothes were a thermal top, cotton shirt and woolly hat).
• Dried out very quickly.
• Build quality, stitching came loose in hood.
• Build quality, one external pocket came loose from its anchoring stitch.
• Half a point here, if the hood were slightly more rigid it would suit a semi-rigid wire in the outer bead to ‘hold’ the hood in its position for us visually challenged people who wear glasses.
Technically, a very good piece of kit.
Discrete, easy to handle/use and very wearable down the pub.
Would I buy it – yes!
Reviewed by Andy Lever on behalf of planetFear