Pat's climbing career spans 4 decades from big walls in Africa to alpine style ascents in the Himalaya. He is currently Director of the International School of Mountaineering in Switzerland and still climbing E5 in his fifties. He is a passionate advocate of the traditional adventurous climbing style.
Pat has given over 60 public lectures over the years in the UK, Europe and America.. Below is a selection of his favourite topics:
- Sea Cliff Adventures from SW England to Tenerife
- African Big Walls - first ascent of the N Face of Mt Poi in Kenya and the 900m wall of Jebel Misht
- Himalaya Lightweight - Eight-day first ascent of the NE Pillar of Taweche in the Khumbu valley
- Alpine adventures - from classic guided climbs to extreme first ascents and the Eigerwand
- Virgin summits in the Tien Shan - exploring the mountains of the former Soviet Union